Website Terms and Conditions of Use
- social media or official CKGSB content on other websites
It also relates to us using any personal information that you provide by phone, email, in letters and other correspondence, and in person.
- what information we may collect about you
- how we will use information we collect about you
- how long we hold information about you
- the legal basis for processing your information
- when we may use your details to contact you
- whether we will disclose your details to anyone else
- your rights regarding the personal information you provide to us
What type of information we have
We may receive your personal information when you: participate in, access or sign up to any of our programs, events or online content – such as newsletters, events, and webinars – phone or email us, reserve a place at an event, apply for one of our programs or create an account on our website.
We may collect the following information:
- name, nationality, date of birth
- contact details including postal address, email and phone
- your communication preference
- employment information, including name of business, industry, job title, level of seniority and number of years of postgraduate work experience
- prior education, including university attended, subject studied and year of graduation
- test scores, including GMAT and GRE (if you’re interested in our degree programmes)
When providing personalised services, we may ask your permission to review third-party data about you, such as your Twitter or Facebook feeds, to get to know you better and to provide more effective personalisation.
What we do with the information
By accessing our websites you understand that your personal information may be collected, stored, used and shared by us for any of the following purposes:
- To provide you with information about our programs including course details; application tips; funding advice; faculty and participant profiles; and other information that may be relevant to your interests.
- To send you our latest research and thought leadership content; provide you with invitations to relevant events and reminders or joining details for those events to which you register.
- To identify and prevent fraud.
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems.
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalize or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our customers.
- To better understand how people interact with our websites.
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
- For the direct marketing of CKGSB products and services.
We may ask for consent to send you marketing communications about our products and services. You’ll be able to opt out of these communications at any point by selecting the ‘opt out’ option at the bottom of each email we send you.
Whenever processing data for these purposes, we’ll ensure we always keep your personal data rights in high regard and take account of them. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish.
We may share this information with our overseas offices, global programs and alumni association.
How we store your information
CKGSB takes the necessary steps to ensure that the information collected under this Privacy Notice is processed according to the provisions of this Privacy Notice and the requirements of applicable laws. Your personal information is stored primarily in China. For limited program delivery purposes your personal data may be stored outside China, in which case CKGSB shall make every effort to ensure that such information is processed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and CKGSB policies.
How long will CKGSB retain your personal data
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with CKGSB.
If you’ve indicated an interest in taking one of our programmes, we’ll retain your data for a period of two years (?) from the point that you last engage with us.
Your data protection rights
Under the data protection law, you’re rights include:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business Oriental Plaza, Tower E3, 3F One East Chang An Avenue Beijing 100738 China
Tel: +86-10-8518 8858 Fax: +86-10-8518 6800, or email: email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
Our contact details
Please address requests and questions related to this policy to the Data Protection Officer, Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business Oriental Plaza, Tower E3, 3F One East Chang An Avenue Beijing 100738 China
Tel: +86-10-8518 8858 Fax: +86-10-8518 6800, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CKGSB’s Cookies Policy
CKGSB’s Cookies Policy describes the cookies we use and explains why we use them.
It also explains how cookies enable the Website to function properly and why you may not be able to experience the full functionality of the Website if you disable their use.
What do I need to know about cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that’s stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
There are different types of cookies:
- First party cookies: These are set by the website you’re visiting. And only that website can read them. In addition, a website might use a separate company to analyze how people are using their site. And this separate company will set their own cookie to do this.
- Third party cookies: These are set by someone other than the owner of the website you’re visiting. Some CKGSB web pages may also contain content from other sites like YouTube, which may set their own cookies. Also, if you share a link to a CKGSB page, the service you share it on (e.g. Facebook) may set a cookie on your browser. CKGSB has no control over third party cookies.
- Advertising cookies: Some websites use advertising networks to show you specially targeted adverts when you visit. These networks may also be able to track your browsing across different sites.
Session cookies: These are stored while you’re browsing. They get deleted from your device when you close your browser e.g. Chrome or Safari.
Persistent cookies: These are saved on your device. So they don’t get deleted when you close your browser. We use persistent cookies when we need to know who you are for more than one browsing session. For example, we use them to remember your preferences for the next time you visit.
We use different types of cookies for different things, such as:
- to give you a better, more personalized experience
- to understand how our websites are used
- to monitor how our advertisements perform.
Read on to find out more about the different kinds of cookie we use.
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without them services you have asked for cannot be provided.
Some examples of how we use these cookies are:
- Signing into the website.
- Remembering previous actions such as text entered into a registration form when navigating back to a page in the same session.
These help us understand how people are using our websites. For instance which pages people go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Some examples of how we use these cookies are:
- To collect information about which web pages visitors go to most often so we can improve the online experience.
- Error management to make sure that the website is working properly.
These help us personalize our website for you. This may include settings like “remember me” buttons and anything that remembers the particular settings chosen by you. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
These are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
What cookies does CKGSB use?
How do I disable browser cookies?
Change your browser settings
You can prevent your browsing from being tracked generally by adjusting your browser settings, browsing in ‘private mode’ or using browser add-ons. You can find out how to do this by visiting the relevant support page for your browser, or by using the help function on your browser.
Alternatively you may wish to use an online tool to help you opt out of the collection and use of information by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
If at any time you do not want information about your browsing behavior to be used for the purpose of CKGSB delivering advertising to you, you can “opt out” as described above. If you do choose to opt-out you will continue to see adverts but they may be less relevant to you as they will not be tailored to your interests.
How to Contact Us?
CKGSB takes your privacy very seriously. For this reason, we inform you that the data is processed electronically for the purpose(s) specified in this form and will not be used outside this framework.